Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports

REPORT: Sky Blues 3-1 QPR

11 January 2019

Match Reports

REPORT: Sky Blues 3-1 QPR

11 January 2019

The Sky Blues Under-23s made it back to back wins in Professional Development League action this afternoon at the Alan Higgs Centre.

It was the Sky Blues had the better of the opening proceedings and Jack Burroughs in particular who was looking to open the goal scoring.

The midfielder firstly was on the end of a good ball from Reise Allassani and Burroughs’ shot was blazed over the bar.

Next it was Jak Hickman who played a superb ball over the QPR defence, and found Jack, but his shot was saved by the ‘keeper.

The first effort for the visitors fell to Mickel Platt As he looked to place a low effort from outside the box into Billson’s corner, but the ‘keeper saved comfortably.

The visitors almost took the lead moments later, as a corner was cleared only as far as Hugo Cardosa and his shot cannoned back off the bar.

The Sky Blues almost found the games first goal in the 30th minute, but his effort hit the side netting, having ran onto a through ball from Burroughs.

City continued to pressure the QPR back line and it was Camwell who next tested the visiting ‘keeper as his shot from distance forced a save.

However, it was QPR who took the lead. Dejharn Grant dispossessed Jak Hickman in possession and found the bottom corner to make it 1-0 to the visitors.

City looked for an immediate reply and were offered a half chance through a free kick by Chris Camwell from 30 yards out, but his effort curled over the bar.

The first shot of the second 45 came to the goal scorer Grant, as he drilled a shot towards goal, but it whistled past the post.

Tony Andreu, who was representing the 23s had City’s first chance of the half as his volley on the edge of the box was saved by Brozowski.

City continued to look for an equaliser and it was Dexter Walters who almost found it. His touch beat the defender and then he fired a shot at goal, but the ‘keeper made a good stop. 

And they would be rewarded with an hour on the clock. Hickman’s short corner is played to Camwell and his cross is met by the head of Morgan Williams and he found the back of the net to make it 1-1.

The Sky Blues had the chance to take the lead when they awarded a penalty in the 70th minute.

Themis Kefalas brought down Bremang in the box and he was shown a straight red and the striker then stepped up and converted the penalty to make it 2-1.

Jason Farndon’s side took advantage of the extra man and they found a third through Reise Allassani.

A superb run from Camwell and he found Bremang and he played a ball across goal for Allassani and he smashed it into the back of the net.

City were awarded another penalty with two minutes remaining after Bremang was brought down in the box. The striker stepped up again, but this time his spot kick was saved in what would be the last action of the afternoon.


Sky Blues Xl: Billson (GK), Hickman, Williams, Drysdale, Camwell, Eccles, Burroughs, Andreu, Walters, Allassani, Bremang.


Subs: Green, Rowe, Ford, Ngandu, Stedman.

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account