Job Title: U9’s-U16’s Academy Physiotherapist
Location: The Alan Higgs Centre, Allard Way, Coventry
Hours of Work: 32 hours per week; including evening and weekend work
Responsible to: Academy Manager
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience
How to Apply: Application Form and Covering Letter
Application Closing Date: Monday 16th December 2019
Coventry City Football Club is looking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Physiotherapist who is seeking to advance their career within the Medical Department of a professional football club. The role is ideally suited to a recently graduated or soon to graduate Physiotherapist who is looking to begin their career in professional sport.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Professional Development Pathway staff, be integrated into the Academy Sports Science and Medical Department and learn from experienced professionals under the guidance of the Head of Academy Physiotherapy.
The role will give the opportunity to develop the applicants’ musculoskeletal, manual therapy, pitch side and rehabilitation skills as well as the provision of appropriate injury management, rehabilitation and injury prevention.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undergo CPD within the club’s medical team department.
- Provide assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of all U9s to U16’s players and produce progressive injury rehabilitation programmes for injured academy players.
- Assist in the development, organisation and implementation of movement screening assessment to academy players.
- Prescribe and implement evidence-based treatment and rehabilitation plans under the guidance of Head of Academy Physiotherapy.
- Take part in in weekly meetings with medical and coaching staff
- Carry out injury prevention strategies for academy players.
- Provide pitch side cover for training and matches when required
- Document and ensure up to date medical records are maintained
- Assist the medical team with administration obligations and injury audits
- Contribute to and attend Academy and Club based continued professional development.
- Ensure and support the welfare of all Academy players on a daily basis
- Carry out additional duties when required
- Fluent in English Language
- Degree in Physiotherapy or ability to obtain qualification before 1st August 2019.
- Member of HCPC and CSP or equivalent insurance provided
- Previous work experience in a sporting environment
- Knowledge of injury prevention methods and recovery strategies
- First Aid qualification ITMMiF preferable with a desire to work towards ATMMiF
- Full UK driving licence (highly desirable)
The successful candidate will meet the minimum qualification requirements and will demonstrate a good understanding of delivering treatments and rehabilitation in a sporting context. The successful candidate must be hard working, committed, enthusiastic and willing to work a share of unsociable hours that include evenings and weekends. They must be committed to continuous personal development which the club will support them in. They will possess strong communication and excellent IT skills and have the ability to liaise with the academy multidisciplinary team.
- A positive attitude to Information Technology in carrying out the responsibilities of the post.
- Personal commitment to continuous personal professional development.
- Team player.
- Open minded with a view to adopting new practices.
- Highly motivated with a passion for elite sport, particularly football.
- Personal integrity and the ability to invoke trust and respect from others.
- A hands-on approach and strong work ethic with an enthusiasm to develop his/her skills is essential
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible and proactive approach to workload
- Available to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
All employees of the Club must adhere to the rules and regulations of the Football League and Football Association and not knowingly do anything or omit to do anything, which will cause the Club to be in breach of the Laws of the Game, the Rules of the Football Association or the Rules and Regulations of the Football League.
Coventry City is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment. Staff should understand the Club’s Safeguarding Policy, procedures and best practice guidelines and use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to an anti-bullying environment. Candidates must recognise the duty of confidentiality in all lines of work. Engagement will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure, two written references and medical check.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the Football League’s BAME project.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply for the U9’s to 16’s Physiotherapist role;
- Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the Essential requirements of the role.
- Read the Guidance Notes for completing the application form.
- Please send a covering letter, your completed Application Form and signed Self-Declaration Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13:00 on Monday 16th December
- Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place on the 18th and 19th of December 2019.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview. Incomplete applications and those which do not meet the essential requirements of the role will not be considered.