Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports

REPORT: Sky Blues 1-3 Bristol City

Jason Farndon's side fall to defeat...

28 September 2018

Match Reports

REPORT: Sky Blues 1-3 Bristol City

Jason Farndon's side fall to defeat...

28 September 2018

The Sky Blues Under-23s fell to a 3-1 defeat at the Alan Higgs Centre against Bristol City in Professional Development League action.

It was a slow start to proceedings, with neither side able to creat an opening in the first ten minutes.

The first chance did however fall to the visitors and it was Ricardo Rees who had a shot from range, but Addai was equal to the effort.

Jack Burroughs had the first shot for the Sky Blues, but his long range effort went over the bar from around 25 yards out.

George Dowling was the next Bristol player to test Addai, but again Corey made a comfortable save to deny the midfielder.

However, after fifteen minutes Bristol had their opening and it was Dowling’s shot which took a nick off Sam Bell to take it past Addai and make it 1-0.

A few minutes later and some good work by Ngandu and he brought the ball forward and found Walters, but his shot went wide.

The Sky Blues worked their way back into the game and were looking to build an opportunity which they got through Billy Stedman.

A good run down the left by Walters and he found Stedman in the box and his acrobatic effort, but his chance went wide.

Seconds later and Walters almost found a leveller. The winger was played through one on one and he looked to slot it past Sesay, but he dragged it wide.

After the break and it was Dexter again, who continued to cause Bristol problems. His free-kick came back off the wall and then the winger took it past two and then fired a shot into the side netting.

However, Bristol were awarded a penalty moments later and it was saved by Addai, but Dowling smashed in the rebound.

City pulled one back in the 55th minute. A free-kick from out wide was met by the head of Thompson and he knocked it back across goal and the ball eventually came out to Eccles who smashed an effort into the bottom corner.

With 69 minutes on the clock, Bristol had a third. A counter attack saw George Dowling find Marcus Daly, who fizzed a ball across the box for Bell to beat Addai and make it 3-1.

City tried to get back into the game and went close through Bremang after he was on the end of a Chris Camwell Cross, but his header went wide.

The striker had another effort a minute later, but looking for the far post, his shot inches wide.

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account