Job Title: U23s Physiotherapist
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week and must be prepared to work anti-social hours
Responsible to: Head of Medical
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Coventry City Football Club is looking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Physiotherapist who is seeking to advance their career within the Medical Department of a professional football club.
The role is ideally suited to a recently graduated Physiotherapist who is looking to further their career in professional sport. The successful applicant will work closely with the First Team department, be integrated into the medical team and learn from experienced professionals under the guidance of, and reporting to, the Head of Medical.
The role will give the opportunity to develop the applicants’ musculoskeletal, manual therapy, pitch side and rehabilitation skills as well as the provision of appropriate injury management, rehabilitation and injury prevention.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undergo CPD within the medical team department.
- Provide assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of all U23s players and produce progressive injury rehabilitation programmes for all players.
- Organise, develop and implement a comprehensive movement screening assessment.
- Prescribe and implement evidence based treatment and rehabilitation plans under guidance
- Take part in in daily meetings between medical and coaching staff
- Undertake regular maintenance of non-injured players
- Create rehabilitation plans for injured players
- Assist in developing evidence based protocols
- Carry out injury prevention strategies or all players
- Accompany players to medical appointments and off site treatments
- Provide pitch side cover for training and matches as and when required
- Document and ensure up to date medical records are maintained
- Assist the medical team with administration obligations and injury audits
- Carry out additional duties as and when required
- Fluent in English Language
- Degree in Physiotherapy
- Member of HCPC and MCSP or equivalent insurance provided
- Previous work experience in a sporting environment
- Extensive knowledge of injury prevention methods and recovery strategies
- First Aid qualification with minimum of ITMMiF (ATMMiF highly desirable)
- Full UK driving licence (highly desirable)
The successful candidate will meet the minimum qualification requirements and will have experience of delivering treatments and rehabilitation in a sporting context. The successful candidate must be hard working, committed, enthusiastic and willing to work unsociable hours that include evenings and weekends. They will possess strong communication and excellent IT skills and have the ability to liaise with all levels of personnel associated with a professional Football Club.
- A positive attitude to Information Technology in carrying out the responsibilities of the post.
- Personal commitment to continuous personal professional development.
- Team player.
- Open minded with a view to adopting new practices.
- Highly motivated with a passion for elite sport, particularly football.
- Personal integrity and the ability to invoke trust and respect from others.
- A hands-on approach and strong work ethic is a must with an enthusiasm to develop his/her skills
- Ability to remain focused and work independently when required
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible and proactive approach to workload
- Available to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
All employees of the Club must adhere to the rules and regulations of the Football League and Football Association and not knowingly do anything or omit to do anything, which will cause the Club to be in breach of the Laws of the Game, the Rules of the Football Association or the Rules and Regulations of the Football League.
Coventry City is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment. Staff should understand the Club’s Safeguarding Policy, procedures and best practice guidelines and use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to an anti-bullying environment. Candidates must recognise the duty of confidentiality in all lines of work. Engagement will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure, two written references and medical check.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the Football League’s BAME project.
- To apply for the U23s Physiotherapist role, please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for all applications is 12 noon on Friday 6th July 2018
- Shortlisted candidates will be sent a Case Study to complete and return by 12 noon on Monday 9th July 2018
- Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place on Monday 16th July 2018.
Please note replies will not be given to applicants who do not meet the essential requirements of the job.