Job Title: Professional Development phase coach
Hours of Work: Such hours as necessary to carry out your duties at the discretion of the Head of department
Responsible to: First Team Manager, Academy Manager
The post holder shall support the Philosophy and strategy as set out by the Football club
- Assisting in the delivery and development of players aged 17-23
- Work with under 18 team in the Academy games programme
- Working as part of a Multi-disciplinary team including Coaches, Sports Science, Education and Welfare staff delivering a service to Academy players in the Professional Development Phase.
- Developing an elite environment for the progression and development of young professional players, promoting the Club’s Philosophy, Vision and Culture at all times.
- Creating a clear understanding of the Club Philosophy and Academy Performance Plan.
- Adopting a multi-disciplinary approach and communication to ensure the well-being and holistic development of the Academy U17-23 players.
- Preparing, delivering and recording the U18 Academy Coaching Programme, including all coaching sessions in relation to the technical and individual player development syllabus.
- Monitoring and reporting on the achievement of performance targets and progress of the professional development programme.
- Taking responsibility for the measurement of each Under 18 player by identifying & implementing long term, medium term and short term goals.
- Managing the transition of players that play and train between the Youth Professional Development Phase (PDP) and senior team, along with progression through the age groups.
- Conducting performance reviews with all U18 players with a multidisciplinary approach, working closely with the medical, sports science, analysis and education departments.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and competencies:-
- A proven track record of coaching at a professional level and of coaching U16-21 players in an Academy environment
- UEFA ‘A’ Coaching License
- Advanced Youth Award
- CPD License Maintenance, Member of the FA Licenced Coaches Club
- Safeguarding Children
- Clean driving license
- DBS check
- Computer skills as PMA forms a large part of recording data
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Availability for flexible working hours.
- Able to communicate effectively with Academy staff, senior management staff and club managers
- Adaptable to work to the demands of the job and needs of the players
- Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development
- Excellent IT and presentation skills.
- Focused on individual player development within a team
- Must live within a workable distance of the football club
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the English Football League’s BAME project.
To apply for the Professional Development Phase Coach position, please send a covering letter and CV to mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for all applications is Friday 19th January
Please note replies will not be given to applicants who do not meet the essential requirements of the job.