The first meeting of the new Coventry City Supporters Forum took place at the Ricoh Arena on Thursday night.
The Forum was attended by one representative from various Supporter Groups:
- London Supporters Club
- The Sky Blue Trust
- Former Players Association
- Leamington and Warwick Supporters Club
- Diamond Club
- Family Zone Volunteers
Apologies were received from Sky Blues in the Community, Irish Supporters Club and the LGBT Supporters Group.
The South Wales Supporters Group were invited to be involved in the Forum, but no response was received.
The meeting was chaired by CCFC Chief Executive Dave Boddy, but once the group is established a Chairperson elected by Forum members will chair each meeting.
During the meeting, the following aims were agreed for the Supporters Forum:
- To establish a forum for supporters to communicate directly with the club in a structured manner.
- To help the club better understand the club issues that most affect and concern fans.
- To give the club an opportunity to consult, explain the thinking behind key decisions and improve club transparency.
- To enable fans to play a key role in helping the club achieve success on and off the pitch.
- To support Coventry City Football Club and help improve it for the benefit of all supporters.
It was agreed there would be positions on the forum for democratically elected representatives of Season Ticket holders, Corporate Season Ticket holders and Disabled Supporters, and that the process for election of this would be published shortly.
Minutes from last night’s meeting will be published online at ccfc.co.uk