Job Title: Lead Strength and Conditioning coach
Hours of Work: Such hours as necessary to carry out your duties at the discretion of the Head of department
Responsible to Academy Manager
Head of Education and Welfare
The post holder shall support the design, deliverance and monitoring of the Athletic Development Programme as set out by the Football club
- Working as part of a Multi-disciplinary team including Coaches, Sports Science, Education and Welfare staff delivering a service to Academy players in the Professional Development Phase.
- To oversee, coordinate, develop and implement Strength and Conditioning training in relation to the PDP, YDP and FDP alongside the Head of Sports Science & Medicine
- To oversee and coordinate Strength and Conditioning training across the Foundation Development Phase (FDP) and the Youth Development Phase (YDP) alongside the Head of Sports Science and Medicine.
- To assess, plan and deliver Strength and Conditioning training to individual, small groups and teams on a daily basis.
- To oversee, coordinate, develop and implement physical development and physical performance testing, and contribute to the physical benchmarking of CCFC Academy.
- To oversee, manage and work collaboratively with all relevant staff in the management and reporting of physical exertion and training load monitoring.
- To contribute to the physical reporting of player development through the six and 12 week cycle player reviews.
- To ensure all relevant information is correctly input into the Performance Management/Clock applications (PMA).
The successful candidate will have the following skills and competencies:-
- BSc in Sports Science or related discipline
- Attendance on all Level 1 and 2 UKSCA workshops (can provide proof of these)
- Up to date BFAS (Basic First Aid for Sport)
- Experience in the design, implementation and monitoring of strength and conditioning programmes
- Safeguarding Children
- Clean driving license
- DBS check
- Computer skills as PMA forms a large part of recording data
- Postgraduate qualification in Strength & Conditioning and/or a related discipline
- Experience working within elite football
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Availability for flexible working hours.
- Able to communicate effectively with Academy staff, senior management staff and club managers
- Adaptable to work to the demands of the job and needs of the players
- Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development
- Excellent IT and presentation skills.
- Focused on individual player development within a team
- Must live within a workable distance of the football club
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the Football League’s BAME project.
To apply for the Lead Strength and conditioning role position, please send a covering letter and CV to mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for all applications is Wednesday 21st February 2018
Please note replies will not be given to applicants who do not meet the essential requirements of the job.