The Coventry City Supporters Forum met on Wednesday 12th December.
During the meeting, an extensive discussion took place about the Ricoh Arena situation. The following bullet points summarise the discussion, and members were able to support the statement below. Subsequently representatives on the Forum consulted with their respective groups and agreed on the following:
The undersigned members of the Supporters Forum put forward:
- That they agree that Coventry City should play its home matches in Coventry.
- That they agree that Coventry City should play its home matches in the 2019/20 season and beyond at the Ricoh Arena.
- That they call on ALL parties to put aside their differences to sit down and negotiate a deal for Coventry City to play at the Ricoh Arena as soon as possible, despite the on-going court case
- That they agree that the consequences of ‘no deal’ for Coventry City Football Club to play at the Ricoh Arena would be catastrophic for Coventry City Football Club, its supporters present and future, the community, the City of Coventry, wider footballing community and everyone who cares about the Club.
- That they call on ALL supporters and community stakeholders to back attempts for this deal to be concluded as soon as possible.
Bedworth and Nuneaton Coventry City Supporters Club
Coventry City Diamond Club
Coventry City Former Players Association
Coventry City LGBT+ Fans Group
Coventry City London Supporters Club
Coventry City South Wales Supporters Club
Coventry City Supporters Club Irish Branch
Family Zone volunteers
Leamington and Warwick Coventry City Supporters Club
Sky Blues in the Community
The following Season Ticket holder elected representative agreed to the bullet points as individuals:
Also in attendance and offered the opportunity to support were The Sky Blue Trust, though their board subsequently decided they did not wish to commit to the entire statement.