Coventry City are looking for fans to join the new Supporters Forum.
The first meeting of the Forum took place in January, with two subsequent meetings since then including prior to the opening weekend of this season. It was agreed that the following representatives would be sought:
- 18/19 Season Ticket holder representative – Under 30
- 18/19 Season Ticket holder representative – Over 30
- 18/19 Corporate Season Ticket holder representative
- Disabled Supporter Representative
Currently, the group includes representatives of:
- London Supporters Club
- The Sky Blue Trust
- Former Players Association
- Leamington and Warwick Supporters Club
- Diamond Club
- Family Zone Volunteers
- Sky Blues in the Community
- Irish Supporters Club
- LGBT Supporters Group.
- The South Wales Supporters Group
- Twist and Shout Fanzine
- Sky Blues Talk messageboard
Dave Boddy, Chief Executive of CCFC, said:
“We have been very pleased with the meetings so far, as have the representatives already involved. They have been conducted in a great spirit, with everyone keen to co-operate together for the benefit of the club and its supporters.
“We’re now looking to expand the group, to include these four new positions. We had intended to run these elections last March, however it is being run now to ensure that the representatives have a full season on the Forum.
“We would encourage fans who are interested in representing their fellow supporters on the Forum in these important roles to get in touch with us ahead of a supporters vote in September.”
To put yourself forward to be a representative, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 31st August at 5pm.
Include the position which you would like to stand for, and the following:
- First Coventry City game
- Seat Location - Block
- Reasons for wanting to join the Forum
- How you intend to represent supporters
Fans are reminded that the aims for the Forum, agreed by supporters on the Forum, are:
- To establish a forum for supporters to communicate directly with the club in a structured manner.
- To help the club better understand the club issues that most affect and concern fans.
- To give the club an opportunity to consult, explain the thinking behind key decisions and improve club transparency.
- To enable fans to play a key role in helping the club achieve success on and off the pitch.
- To support Coventry City Football Club and help improve it for the benefit of all supporters.
Supporters whose submissions meet the aims of the forum will then be put forward for a vote, details of which will be announced on the club website.