Job Title: Events Executive
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week and must be prepared to work anti-social hours
Responsible to: Head of Commercial
Salary: £20,000 per annum Basic (OTE £25,000 uncapped inclusive of Basic)
Coventry City Football Club is looking to recruit an Events Executive to work within the Commercial Team.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial, the successful candidate will work with the Commercial team and have experience sales and account management as well as working within a professional football club or similar facility.
- To organise, administer and sell an annual programme of Non-Matchday Sporting/Business Dinners and Events
- To organise, administer and oversee the development of the 50/50 lottery on Match days and Non-Match days
- To organise, administer and sell the football club’s new Club Partnership Scheme
- To participate pro-actively in all aspects of the football club’s Commercial and Hospitality activities including the promotion and selling of all Hospitality and Commercial products
- On Match days you will be required to work alongside the Commercial Team to ensure smooth delivery of match days
The position requires the combined skills of sales and account management, excellent organisation and planning skills. An ideal candidate will show high levels of motivation and good communication skills. To be suited for this role you should be the type of individual that thrives in a target driven environment and enjoys the competition within a team.
- A good standard of Education
- Fluent in English Language
- Educated to degree level
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to meet targets and set KPIs
- Strength in time management, administrative ability, organisation and customer service skills is essential
- Ability to identify opportunities and show initiative
- Able to manage existing customer relationships and proactively develop new customer relationships
- Identifies and anticipates customer needs and exceeds expectations
- Confident and can influence at all levels
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to work both as part of a team and under own initiative
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Manages their own development
- Keyboard skills, including use of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Worked within football previously
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills that inspire the audience
- Collaborates across the football club to come up with new ways of working
- Ability to demonstrate good problem solving and decision making skills
- Commercially driven and financially astute
- Experience in sales, telemarketing, appointment scheduling or cold-calling techniques
- Role models good team behaviour
- Takes full accountability for all their decisions and how they impact others
- A hands-on approach and strong work ethic is a must with a background in target driven sales environments and good organisation skills also essential
- High energy; ability to remain focused on sales goals and work independently
- Must possess a genuine desire to exceed both consumer expectations and sales
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible and proactive approach to workload
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the Football League’s BAME project.
- To apply for the Events Executive role, please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for all applications is 12 noon on Friday 6th April 2018
- Shortlisted candidates will be sent a Case Study to complete and return by 12 noon on Monday 9th April 2018
- Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place on Tuesday 10th April 2018.
Please note replies will not be given to applicants who do not meet the essential requirements of the job.