Job Title: 3 x Regional Academy Scout
(1) Warwickshire (Warwick, Leamington, Stratford areas) (2) Bedworth/Nuneaton area (3) Northampton and Daventry
Hours of Work: Casual Basis
Responsible to: Head of Academy Recruitment and Academy Manager
Salary: Monthly Retainer and bonus schedule
Coventry City FC Academy are currently looking to appoint 3 Regional Academy Scouts within the Academy Recruitment Department. The position will report to the Academy Manager and Head of Academy Recruitment. You will assist the Head of Academy Recruitment in the co-ordination and organisation of all aspects of recruitment ensuring the success of the Academy Recruitment Strategy.
MAIN TASKS AND ACTIVITIES
As a member of the Academy Recruitment team, the post holder will:
- Develop a team of spotters and contacts within the located area.
- Show good coverage of fixtures within the area on a weekly basis. This can be following leads and also working alongside the Academy succession plan.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the Academy Recruitment Strategy at Local and Regional Level
- Following up any leads and recommendations ensuring all avenues are explored to identify potential elite players
- Produce Monthly communication and report along with weekly feedback on Recruitment reporting programmes
- Relationship building with local clubs, organisations and other relevant recruitment sources in your area / region
- Previous experience of scouting / recruitment in an Academy environment.
- FA Talent ID Level 1 (Free online course)
- Fully Enhanced DBS & Up to date FA Safeguarding Qualification
- Full Driving Licence
- Excellent IT and presentation skills
- FA Talent Identification Level 2
- FA Level 2
- Previous experience in a coaching role within a Academy / Development Centre
- High level of organisational skills and have a pro-active attitude to tasks.
- Required to be highly confidential
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work to meet the demands of the job and working hours.
- Competent IT and presentation skills
PLACE OF WORK
- Home Based / Travel required within allocated areas
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the Football League’s BAME project.
How to apply
To apply for the role of Regional Academy Scout, please complete the application form via the following link.