Job Title: Press Officer
Reports to: Head of Marketing & Communications
Department: Marketing & Communications
Salary: On request
Coventry City Football Club are currently recruiting for the role of Press Officer within its Marketing & Communications Department.
This role is vacant due to the personal relocation of the existing Press Officer.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual with excellent written, new media and interpersonal skills to help the club to provide content across all of its digital and non-digital platforms.
Based at the club’s training facility in Ryton-On-Dunsmore, this role is a great opportunity to work at the heart of a fast-paced, demanding yet exciting industry.
Applicants need to be prepared for an industry that demands flexibility and dedication outside of what many would consider to be ‘the traditional nine-to-five’ in exchange for an extremely unique and rewarding experience that will also allow you to develop, grow and widen your own professional skills.
- Maintaining the official website of Coventry City Football Club www.ccfc.co.uk.
- Produce written content across all of Coventry City Football Club’s digital communications channels.
- Lead on all of Coventry City Football Club’s video output, from the official iFollow account to the Club’s YouTube channel.
- Produce written content for Coventry City Football Club’s matchday programme PUSB.
- Liaise and develop relationships with regional/national/international members of the media.
- Arrange and action media conferences around Coventry City Football Club fixtures and other events.
- Attend Coventry City Football Club league and cup fixtures to generate online content for website and iFollow.
- Attend Coventry City Football Club Under-23s home fixtures to generate online content for website and iFollow.
- Work alongside the Coventry City Football Club Academy to update the fixtures and results on the official website.
- Organise media arrangements for Coventry City Football Club home fixtures. These can include: Creating a seating plan for the press box on matchdays, accepting visiting requests via Dataco and answering any queries.
- Liaise with Local Press for all post-match content, with National Press such as Sky Sports at occasional fixtures.
- Monitoring and quantifying online performance to report to senior level.
- Update existing Coventry City Football Club’s social media channels, respond to interaction on these platforms, and develop new social media channels
- Other tasks as required
• Bachelors degree in a relevant field such as Communications/Journalism
• Strong written, audio/visual and interpersonal skills
• Strong organisational skills
• Comfortable with working outside of ‘traditional’ office hours to meet the requirements of fixtures and club business
• At least 18 months in-house or agency experience in a relevant industry
• Experience with video-editing software such as Adobe Premiere
• Full UK Driving Licence
• Experience with EFL online Content Management System
• Experience of working in a professional sports environment
• Experience using Abode Photoshop
To apply for this position please send an up-to-date CV and covering letter to HR@ccfc.co.uk
Closing date for applications will be Monday 18th September at 5pm.
Must be available to attend interview on the afternoon of Friday 22nd September.