Job Title: Lead Foundation Phase Coach
Hours of Work: Full Time
Responsible to: Academy Manager
Salary: On request
Coventry City FC Academy are currently looking to appoint a Full time Foundation Phase lead coach. The position will oversee the Academy development for players aged between 7-11 in line with the Academy performance plan and Academy Management team.
MAIN TASKS AND ACTIVITIES
- Deliver coaching programme for the Foundation Phase Age groups
- Manage Pre- Academy Development programme
- Communicate and manage part time coaches within Foundation age groups
- Have a clear understanding of the Club Philosophy and Academy Performance Plan
- Organisation and Delivery of the Foundation Phase Coaching & Games Programme in line with the Technical Syllabus
- Implementing and maintaining the Premier Leagues ‘Elite Player Performance Plan’ (EPPP) rules and regulations for the Foundation Phase
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- UEFA ‘A’ Licence
- FA Advanced Youth Award
Please note The A License and Advanced Youth award are compulsory qualifications to work within an Academy full time in the Foundation Phase.
- Hold an enhanced DBS
· Previous experience of coaching U7-11 players in an Academy environment
- Member of the FA Licenced Coaches Club
- Basic First Aid for Sport (BFAS)
- Previous academy Employment within the Foundation Phase
· Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
· Availability for flexible working hours
- Able to communicate effectively with Academy staff, senior management staff, players and parents
· Adaptable to work to the demands of the job and needs of the players
- Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development
· Excellent IT and presentation skills
- Focused on individual player development within a team process
- Willing to follow and promote the Club Football Philosophy
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the Football League’s BAME project.
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lead Foundation Phase coach please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.
The closing date for the post will be 25th September.