Job Title: Head of Academy Coach Development
Hours of Work: Such hours as necessary to carry out your duties at the discretion of the Academy Manager
Responsible to: Academy Manager
Salary: On Request
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and experienced person to join Coventry City FC Academy. The Head of Academy Coach Development will be responsible for driving the delivery of the Coaching Philosophy, Club values and Coach Competency Framework to all full- and part-time coaches in the academy. The post will link into the Premier League EHOC course and will form a part of on-going development.
MAIN TASKS AND ACTIVITIES
As a member of the academy coaching team, the post holder will:
- Work individually with Coaches to develop their abilities and potential. Provide 1 to 1 coaching with coaches to develop knowledge and skill.
- Develop an appropriate review and feedback process to part time coaches. Use the Coach Competence Framework to support the on-going development of all coaches.
- Provide a DAP for all coaches and offer support to achieve individual targets.
- Complete The Coaches Journey with all Part time and Full Time coaches.
- Provide an on-going up to date Training Needs Analysis for all coaching staff
- Ensure the Academy’s Coaching Curriculum is consistently delivered in line with the Academy’s (and/or Club’s) Playing Philosophy and Coaching Philosophy
- Observe coach performance and provide feedback to aid development
- Create a coach understanding of the needs of the Multi disciplinary approach for all players
- Contribute to the development of an elite learning environment where people take responsibility for their own development, feel able to learn from their mistakes and have opportunity to experiment outside of their comfort zone
- Be a member of the AMT and sit on the Technical Board where required
- Attend and supervise coaching sessions as stipulated by the Academy Manager
- Oversee the implementation of the Coaching Programme as set out by the club across the Performance Pathway
- UEFA A Licence
- FA Youth Award Module 1,2 and 3 and Advanced Youth award
- Previous Knowledge and experience within Coach Education
- Working knowledge of EPPP & Youth Rule requirements
- Complete enhanced FA DBS
- BFAS (basic First aid for sport)
- Safeguarding Children
- Knowledge of PMA System
- Knowledge of EPPP
Applicants should be able to demonstrate a minimum of 5 years’ experience working with youth players in a professional football club environment, including experience in a line management role. Knowledge of FA, PL & FL (EPPP) regulations in regard to youth football/academies would also be advantageous.
- A positive attitude to Information Technology in carrying out the responsibilities of the post.
- Personal commitment to continuous personal professional development.
- Team player.
- Open minded with a view to adopting new practices.
- Highly motivated with a passion for elite sport, particularly football.
- Personal integrity and the ability to invoke trust and respect from others.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the Football League’s BAME project.
To apply please send a CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for application 15th September 2017
Please note replies will not be given to applicants who do not meet the essential requirements of the job.