Job Title: Head of Academy Physiotherapy
Hours of Work: Such hours as necessary to carry out your duties at the discretion of the Academy Manager
Responsible to: Academy Manager, Head of Medical
Salary: Available on request
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and experienced person to join Coventry City FC Academy. The Head of Academy Physiotherapy will be a Part of the development and implementation of the Academy’s Sports Science & Medicine plan in line with the Club’s overall strategy for developing elite players in line with the EPPP.
MAIN TASKS AND ACTIVITIES
As a member of the academy Sports Science and Medicine team, the post holder Focus will primarily be on the development of the following areas of support;
- Medical services – including prevention strategies and treatment of injury.
- Individualised strength and conditioning programmes.
- Recording of all data on PMA in line with EPPP requirements.
- Liaise with Sports science staff; including physiology (heart rate / monitoring of training load), biomechanics, anthropometric testing and measurements.
- BA Hons Degree in Physiotherapy
- HPC/CSP Chartered Physiotherapist
- FA SafeguardinG
- Knowledge of PMA System
- Knowledge of EPPP
The successful candidate will meet the minimum qualification requirements and will have experience of delivering treatments and rehabilitative programmes to young players associated with an Academy programme of excellence. The successful candidate must be hard working, committed, enthusiastic and willing to work unsociable hours that include evenings and weekends. They will possess strong communication and excellent IT skills and have the ability to liaise with all levels of personnel associated with a professional Football Club.
- A positive attitude to Information Technology in carrying out the responsibilities of the post.
- Personal commitment to continuous personal professional development.
- Team player.
- Open minded with a view to adopting new practices.
- Highly motivated with a passion for elite sport, particularly football.
- Personal integrity and the ability to invoke trust and respect from others.
Ideally candidates should have experience of providing physiotherapy to young athletes and be able to apply appropriate communication skills with colleagues, players, parents and coaches. Whilst reporting to the Academy Manager and Head Physiotherapist, you will be expected to work with a degree of autonomy and apply your own ideas to the role allowing a degree of creativity and critical thinking within the EPPP guidelines.
Applicants must possess full membership to the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and be registered with the Health Professions Council. A First Aid for Sport Qualification or an equivalent or higher qualification is also required, and the applicant must also be willing to undertake a programme of Continual Professional Development.
All employees of the Club must adhere to the rules and regulations of the Football League and Football Association and not knowingly do anything or omit to do anything, which will cause the Club to be in breach of the Laws of the Game, the Rules of the Football Association or the Rules and Regulations of the Football League.
- Coventry City is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment. Staff should understand the Club’s Safeguarding Policy, procedures and best practice guidelines and use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to an anti-bullying environment. Candidates must recognise the duty of confidentiality in all lines of work. Engagement will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure, two written references and medical check.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the Football League’s BAME project.
To apply please send a CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for application 16th June 2017
Please note replies will not be given to applicants who do not meet the essential requirements of the job.