Your chance to be a part of the Sky Blues Medical department, with new Head of Medical vacancy...
Position: Head of Medical
Organisation: Otium Entertainment Group Limited t/a Coventry City Football Club
Salary: Based on experience
Start date: ASAP
Closing Date: Friday 14th April 2017
Coventry City Football Club are looking to appoint a Head of Medical, to lead the Medical department, ahead of the 2017-18 season, delivering a medical support service to senior and development age players.
The post will be heavily reliant on strong inter-disciplinary relationships with coaching, strength & conditioning staff and players alike to support player health and maximise performance.
- To manage the Club Physiotherapy staff, and work with Club Doctor, to deliver supportive injury prevention, monitoring and rehabilitation service to players.
- In conjunction with sports science staff, maximise performance through pitch and gym based conditioning.
- Ensure that Physiotherapy standards are in keeping with HCPC and CSP standards.
- Utilise electronic records system, Benchmark 54, to keep a high level of medical record keeping and ensure a strong audit trail exists to direct future targeted
- Lead on a programme of development for department staff to facilitate professional
- Manage a CSP placement programme and Sports Therapy internship programme in
relation with Coventry University.
- BSc Physiotherapy (further training at Masters level in related field is desirable but not essential).
- Membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
- Extensive experience in delivering a Sports Physiotherapy service in a high- performance/ professional setting.
- Demonstrable experience of managing/ leading a team of people.
- Extensive experience of managing an injury risk and prevention programme.
- Extensive experience of delivering evidence-based rehabilitation strategies to enable
a return to high level sporting activity.
- Extensive experience in managing on-field/ in competition emergency aid protocols
and acting as first-responder. Holding up-to-date advanced trauma care
- Demonstrable Masters level of knowledge related to recent advances in sports
- Demonstrable high level of knowledge related to injury risk management and
- Excellent communication skills with extensive experience of working with coaching
staff in a high-performance setting and building strong working relationships with
the inter-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrable high level of knowledge of UK anti-doping regulations.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Coventry City Football Club aims to be an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Miss Tatum Fostervacancies@ccfc.co.uk
by close of business on Friday 14th April 2017.