Job Title: Assistant Youth Development Phase Coach
Hours of Work: Such hours as necessary to carry out your duties at the discretion of the Academy Manager
Responsible to: Academy Manager
Salary: On request
To work as part of a team in the delivery of the 12-16 Coaching programme working alongside the Lead Youth Development Phase Coach. Taking a holistic approach to improve the technical/tactical/physical and psychological ability of 12-16 year old players to progress them into the Professional Development programme
To link with Academy Manager, Head of Coaching and Lead Youth Development Phase Coach in the delivery of the programme and individual Players Learning outcomes
Main Activities and Tasks
As a member of the Academy coaching team, the post holder will:
- Deliver the coaching programme for the Youth Development Phase Age groups
- Manage the player Development programme
- Communicate with, and manage part time coaches within Youth Development age groups
- Have a clear understanding of the Club Philosophy and Academy Performance Plan
- Organisation and Delivery of the YD Phase Coaching & Games Programme in line with the Technical Syllabus
- Implementing and maintaining the Premier Leagues ‘Elite Player Performance Plan’ (EPPP) rules and regulations for the Foundation Phase
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- FA Advanced Youth (must be completed by March 2018)
- UEFA B License
- FA Youth Modules 1, 2 & 3
- Hold an enhanced FA DBS
- Previous experience of coaching U12-16 players in an Academy environment
- Member of the FA Licensed Coaches Club
- Basic First Aid for Sport (BFAS)
- Safeguarding Children
- Clean Driving License
- Computer Skills as PMA forms a large part of Data collection
- A positive attitude to Information Technology in carrying out the responsibilities of the post.
- Personal commitment to continuous personal professional development.
- Team player.
- Open minded with a view to adopting new practices.
- Highly motivated with a passion for elite sport, particularly football.
- Personal integrity and the ability to invoke trust and respect from others.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the Football League’s BAME project.
To apply for the Assistant Youth Development Phase Coach position, please send a covering letter and CV to Mail to: HR@ccfc.co.uk
Deadline for all applications is Sunday 16th July 2017
Please note replies will not be given to applicants who do not meet the essential requirements of the job.