The 2016/17 season turned out to be a record breaking success for Sky Blues in the Community Player Development Centre’s in terms of how many players have progressed to signing academy contracts.
In total 23 players from U9s to U16s signed academy contracts during this last season – taking the total number signed to 85 since the Player Development Centres were set up back in 2010. The aim of the Player Development Centres (PDCs) is to help all players develop no matter what level that may be.
There is no promise that players involved in the PDCs will become professional footballers but SBitC guarantee a high quality coaching environment that improves the technical and tactical understanding of those who attend.
Despite this, having played a part in helping so many young players move on to sign academy contracts is something to be proud of and Sky Blues in the Community have a further 15 players who are currently on trials so this number is expected to increase.
What are the Player Development Centres?
- The PDCs offer advanced football coaching with a technical and tactical focus for children of all footballing abilities and experiences.
- The overriding mission statement for Sky Blues in the Community Player Development Centre’s is ‘To provide high quality coaching and a positive coaching environment to support players in reaching their potential’.
- The coaching curriculum is based on the Coventry City Academy curriculum, ensuring the best coaching drills from the best coaches, in a structured and progressive way.
- All staff are FA Licensed coaches, meaning they have to maintain coaching, first aid and safeguarding qualifications
More about the Player Development Centres and its success:
- Over 500 players are involved in our PDC programme every week.
- Over 350 players have had professional club Academy trials since PDCs started in 2010 – an average of 50 players a year.
- 85 players have signed professional contracts with Academies – increasing every year!
- Over 50 players have played or trained with the Coventry City Academy during the 2016/17 season alone.
- 23 players have signed professional academy contracts during the 2016/17 season.
- Hundreds of young players every year enjoy themselves and improve their skills and personal development
If you feel this is something that you would like your child to be involved in for the 2017/18 season please get in touch with Football Development Manager, Shaun Pierce by Telephone: 024 7678 6521 or Email: email@example.com
To find out more about the Player Development Centres, visit: http://www.sbitc.org/development-centres/