The club are looking to hire an Operations Director to work alongside the Technical and Commercial Directors...
The Operations Director will report to the Board and will be one of the Senior Executives in the business (alongside the Technical Director and Commercial Director) responsible for providing Executive leadership and direction for the Football Club’s business activities.
The Operations Director will provide the Club with the direction and leadership to deliver the company’s operational objectives across all facets of the business as agreed with the Board.
• To plan, organise, manage and lead (and liaise with the Stadium owners as appropriate) the activities of the Club’s Operations in relation to all aspects of undertaking a Match at the Stadium. These include but are not limited to ensuring the match day experience is delivered across Facilities Management, Security, Safety, Hospitality, Catering.
• In conjunction with the CD, the development of commercial strategies to develop non match-day business and the subsequent delivery thereof.
• Responsibility for land and buildings maintenance and the accompanying development strategy within the Club, including upkeep of the Training Ground (within budgetary constraints), as well as lateral thinking required to utilise all available resources across multiple sites.
• Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring all necessary aspects of Operational Management and Development, including HR and Health and Safety across sites (training ground, Academy, and commercial offices).
• Overall responsibility for staffing and resourcing within the business and within budgetary constraints.
• From time to time manage the delivery of company-wide projects and programmes
• Responsibility for IT strategy, investment and operation within budgetary constraints.
• Hold all matters involving the Club in confidence until they have been publicly disclosed,
or unless the information is a matter of public record or common knowledge.
• Represent the Club at Matches and other public functions and EFL meetings when
required or requested.
Skills & Experience Required Essential:
• Experience in the administration of professional Football at either Club, League or Governing Body Level
• Knowledge of the Sports/Leisure Business preferred
• Experience managing cultural change and organisation development.
• A proven track record in attaining targets.
• A proven track record in business development.
• Strong financial reporting awareness (ie, cash flow and P/L)
• Significant experience in (at least some of) the operational aspects of a football club, with direct and hands-on operational delivery experience across significant projects and major company programme implementation experience.
• A strategic thinker who makes choices to achieve their goals and to think laterally beyond traditional boundaries to solve problems.
• Visionary and inspirational leader with a proven ability to build, develop and motivate a team.
• Strong communication skills crucial both within the business and to the Board and other key stakeholders.
• A self-starter with the motivation, commitment, enthusiasm and drive to define clear goals and inspire people to achieve them. Not someone who is easily discouraged.
• A person who is able to operate in a fast moving, dynamic work environment and remains focused on the business goals, budgets and target outcomes.
• A results-focused team leader, with a proven track record of delivery in a challenging environment.
• Demonstrate a convivial approach to both colleagues and subordinates to ensure a harmonious team working ethic.
• A team player who is outcome driven.
This job description is not intended to be regarded as inclusive or exhaustive and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation. All employees will be expected to support our major events.
Please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
. Click here to download job brief.