Get involved in the Pack an extra present campaign and buy a gift today...
We are supporting the University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire Charity in their annual ‘Pack an extra present’ campaign.
This Christmas at the University Hospital, staff could be caring for be caring for (amongst others)…
- 50 older people, some of whom have no relatives and will have no visitors or gifts on Christmas day
- 40 local children who will have to spend their Christmas day away from their usual family celebrations -worried Santa won’t know where they are
- 16 premature and sick newborn babies who will be receiving lifesaving care in the Neonatal Unit at a time when their mums and dads would have imagined spending their first Christmas together, at home.
Doctors and nurses at the hospital do their very best to make this a fun-filled special time, reassuring the children that Santa and his reindeers will find them, no matter what! With the help of Sky Blues fans we can make Christmas Day a little better and create some happy memories for everyone- just by getting one extra present!
We are again supporting this campaign, so if you would like to buy an extra present for a child in hospital this Christmas then you can drop it in to University Hospital Coventry or our Butts Park Arena Ticket Office.
Here’s how Sky Blues fans can get involved:
Step One: Who Would You Like To Buy A Gift For?
A baby aged 0-2yrs, (this includes the premature babies in our neonatal unit)
A boy or girl aged 3yrs – 5yrs (infant) or 6yrs – 12yrs (child) or 13 yrs – 17yrs (teenager)
An older person (aged 65 +)
Step Two: Choosing Your Gift
Here are some ideas for the gift you may like to buy:
For infants, children and teenagers:
• New Toys: soft toys, dolls, jigsaws, puzzles, board games, building bricks, bath toys, and cars
• Books: baby books (cardboard or cloth books), storybooks, non-fiction and annuals
• Toiletries: Bubble bath, novelty toothbrush, hair brush, comb, hair clips and bobbles, shower gel and deodorant set
• Clothing: First Christmas baby bibs, pyjamas, nightdresses, baby grows
• Educational Supplies: felt tip pens, pencils, pencil sharpener, eraser, colouring book, notepad, picture or puzzle book, pencil case stickers
• Accessories: clip on earrings, bangles, necklaces, sunglasses, caps, hats, scarves and gloves
• Music and entertainment: DVDs, CDs PS games and I-Tunes vouchers
• Confectionery: Selection boxes and tubes of sweets
However, please bear in mind that many children in hospital will not be able to enjoy confectionery.
Or for older people:
• Clothing: sensible slippers, gloves;scarves; pyjamas and night wear.
• Confectionery: boiled sweets, chocolates
• Books: puzzle/word search books and large print fiction books.
• Toiletries: Bubble bath, shower gel and deodorant set, moisturiser, aftershave, perfume, toothbrush, hair brush, comb and manicure sets.
Please note we cannot accept gifts such as:
• Second hand toys, electrical items or goods/gifts
• 18 certificate DVDs, CDs, games for PCs and games consoles
• Hand knitted/handmade stuffed toys without a CE mark
• Medicines, including holistic oils and massage creams
• War related items – toy guns, knives etc
• Clothing without CE certification
• Home made cakes, biscuits or sweets
• Fragile items - glass containers, mirrors etc.
Step Three: Wrapping Your Gift
To make sure your gift is received by a child who will get the most enjoyment from it, we ask that you do not wrap it up. But, please be assured we will wrap your gift before it is given out – donations of gift wrap are welcome!
If you prefer to wrap the gift, it is very important that you securely attach a label that tells us:
• If the gift is for a boy or girl
• The age the gift is best suited to (0-2yrs , 3yrs – 5yrs , 6yrs – 12 yrs, 13 yrs – 17yrs , 65 yrs + )
• What the gift is
Step Four:Dropping Off Your Gift
You can drop it to us at our Ticket Office at the Butts Park Arena from 10am-5.30pm (Monday-Friday- except Wednesdays; 10am – 3:30pm) by 8th December. We will ensure all presents are taken to the hospital.
Or you can drop it off to the hospital directly, at UHCW Charity in the Main Reception during the following times:
• Monday 5th Dec 12noon – 2pm
• Thursday 8th Dec 4.30pm - 7pm
• Monday 12th December 12noon – 2pm
• Thursday 15th Dec 4.30pm - 7pm
If you prefer, you can make a donation to UHCW to use to buy gifts for the children and babies in their care this Christmas at www.uhcwcharity.org. Click on the ‘donate now’ button and write in your message that your donation is for Christmas gifts.