The PDC offers the perfect chance for children from the local area to enjoy a technical and tactical focus on the game...
Sky Blues in the Community will be holding open trials for the Player Development Centre scheme in May.
The Player Development Centre initiative offers advanced football coaching with a technical and tactical focus for children or all footballing abilities and experiences.
The overriding mission statement for SBitC Player Development Centres is ‘To provide high quality coaching and a positive coaching environment to support players in reaching their potential’. We achieve this by providing a positive learning environment that focuses on each individual player, rather than team results.
We understand that all players are different, which is why we follow the FA ‘Four Corner Model’, which looks at the whole player including: Technical/Tactical, Physical, Social and Physiological areas of their game. We don’t promise that players involved in our PDCs will become professional footballers, but what we do guarantee is a high quality coaching environment that improves the technical and tactical understanding of those who attend.
There are a number of people and organisations that offer advanced football coaching, from individuals through to international companies. Here are a few benefits and reasons why people choose Sky Blues in the Community Development centres:
- We are a registered charity, therefore a not-for-profit organisation. This means that all costs involved in our PDCs cover the costs of running the centre, rather than begin focussed on making profit
- We are formally a department of Coventry City Football Club that became a registered charity in 2008. All of our work is on behalf of CCFC in the Coventry and Warwickshire community.
We offer a number of unique opportunities with the local professional football club; opportunities that you will not experience anywhere else, including:
- PDC players being ball boys for every Coventry City home fixture
- Opportunity for some players to play on the Ricoh Arena pitch during a half-time match day showcase
- Free ticket vouchers for selected Coventry City home fixtures
- Monthly optional training with CCFC 1st team strength and conditioning coach Pete Tierney
- Friendly games, training and trial arrangements with full CCFC Academy
The Coaches, Coaching and Facilities
- 19 UEFA B qualified coaches working on our PDCs – a course which takes up to a year to obtain
- Our coaching curriculum is based on the Coventry City Academy curriculum, ensuring the best coaching drills from the best coaches, in a structured and progressive way.
- Specialist goalkeeper training, with FA qualified GK coaches
- Optional additional training nights including Speed, Agility and Quickness workshops
- Player Assessments – mid-year and end of season reports, with personal development plan for each player providing areas of focus over the season.
- Optional Futsal coaching sessions providing an even greater focus on touch, close control and skill development
- All our staff are FA Licensed coaches, meaning they have to maintain coaching, first aid and safeguarding qualifications
- All training takes place on high quality 3G artificial grass pitches
- Player pathway from Under 6 through to Under 16 age groups
- Football Education BTEC qualifications available for post-16 players interested in a career in coaching or the sports industry, in partnership with Henley College (Coventry) and Warwickshire College.
The Games Programme
- 14 teams from Under 10 to Under 16s playing in the Junior Premier League and Midlands Junior Premier League representing Coventry City
- School holiday fixture programme against other professional football clubs including Walsall, Northampton and MK Dons
- All teams playing in these leagues come under our FA Charter Standard quality accreditation
The Success Stories
- Over 500 players involved in our PDC programme playing every week
- Over 250 players having professional club Academy trials since PDCs started in 2010 – an average of 42 players a year
- Over 60 players signing professional contracts with Academies – an average of 10 each year
- Over 50 players playing or training with the Coventry City Academy during the 2015/16 season alone
- 16 players signing professional academy contracts during the 2015/16 season
- 100’s of young players every year enjoying themselves and improving their skills and personal development
If you would like to find out more about the Player Development Centre programme, click here for information...
To register your interest in the forthcoming trials, please contact Shaun Pierce – Office: 02476 786 521, Mobile: 07766 365 675 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org