Coventry City Football Club is supporting an international campaign designed to tackle homophobia
From February onwards, Coventry City Football Club is putting its weight behind an international campaign to combat homophobia.
The campaign, entitled ‘Football v Homophobia’ (FvH) aims to unite fans, players, communities, grassroots teams, professional clubs and the Football Authorities in opposing homophobia and prejudice against LGB&T (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) people in football.
FvH is endorsed and supported by The FA, PL, FL, PFA, LMA, and Kick It Out. FvH enables people to take action against prejudice and discrimination based on sexuality or gender identity in football, and to celebrate and welcome diversity in the game. This culminates in an international show of support in February to raise awareness of the issue and to showcase new and existing work.
Coventry City is proud to offer support for this initiative. Homophobia, transphobia and discrimination against LGB&T people in football is unacceptable and Coventry City are committed to creating safe and inclusive football environments for everyone, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. Together with FvH we will work to improve football for our LGB&T supporters, players and fans and to protect the right of everyone to participate.
Throughout Football v Homophobia month and beyond, please help the club by standing up to prejudice and discrimination against LGB&T people in the game. Together we can make football a welcoming place for everyone.
If you witness any behaviour during a game, like anti-gay chanting and hateful or prejudiced language, you can do one of the following things;
• Speak to a nearby steward, the police or a club official
• Contact The FA by phone 0800 085 0508
• Email reportdiscrimination@TheFA.com
• Report it to Kick It Out on www.kickitout.org/report_it.php
Remember, doing nothing only allows discrimination to get worse. To further support the campaign, here are some other simple things you can do:
1. Show your support by following FvH on social media: @FvHtweets
2. Join the Football Fans v Homophobia network (& receive our quarterly fanzine) to keep up to date with all their events
3. Encourage your club, amateur team or friends to get involved (view case studies of good projects at www.footballvhomophobia.com )
To find out more about the Football v Homophobia campaign, please visitwww.footballvhomophobia.com