Get to know Dutch friendly opposition Heracles Almelo before City's pre-season tour of Holland
- The club are named Heracles after the demigod son of Zeus in Greek mythology.
- Their nickname 'Heraclieden' comes from the term 'Heraclids' who were the descendants of Heracles.
- The club share a historically significant connection with Coventry City from 1958, having bought former player Steve Mokone from the Sky Blues, the first ever black African player to play in a professional European league.
- Heracles' home city of Almelo has a street named after Mokone.
- Mokone also has a stand named after him at the club's Polman Stadion.