Get to know Dutch friendly opposition Willem II before City's pre-season tour of Holland
- Former notable players at the club include Dutch international stars Jaap Stam and Marc Overmars as well as long-time Liverpool favourite Sami Hyypia.
- The vertical red, white and blue stripes on their home kit are designed to mirror the colours of the Dutch national flag.
- The club, and its stadium, are named after Dutch king William II who reigned from 1840 to 1849
- Despite never winning the Eredivisie, Willem II are in fact the first club to win the Dutch national title as a professional outfit after professional football was introduced in Holland in 1954-55.
- Willem II fans share a reportedly close relationship with Bristol City fans after Robins supporters apparently sang songs about William II.