Mark Robins' win at Hartlepool broke six records in the history books...
Coventry City's five-star display at Hartlepool United broke six records in the club's history books.
Carl Baker scored a brace with David McGoldrick, Franck Moussa and Adam Barton adding the other goals in an impressive second-half display at Victoria Park.
The six records Mark Robins' side broke are:
- Biggest away win since Coventry beat Walsall 6-1 at the Bescot Stadium in January 2004. Both Andy Morrell and Gary McSheffrey grabbed a brace with Julian Joachim and an Ian Roper own goal completing the rout.
- First time City have scored 4 goals in league game since the Sky Blues beat Southampton 4-1 at the Ricoh Arena in October 2008. Jay Tabb scored a brace with Leon Best and Leon McKenzie completing the win despite Andrew Surman's goal for the Saints.
- First time Coventry have scored 5 goals in league game since Apr 08 when City won 5-1 at Colchester United with Leon Best, Daniel Fox, Michael Doyle and a brace from Elliott Ward getting the win for the Sky Blues.
- It is the FIRST TIME EVER City have won an away league game 5-0.
- Coventry's first ever win at Hartlepool
- David McGoldrick equals Clarrie Bourton's record of scoring in 5 consecutive away games.
Thanks to our club historian Jim Brown (@clarriebourton) for his help in writing this article.