Coventry City Football Club (“CCFC”) Board of Directors is fully committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children, young people, adults at risk and vulnerable groups. All staff, players and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and to support and develop a culture of safeguarding vigilance throughout the organisation.
CCFC makes provisions for children and young people, young players and adults at risk through adherence to and understanding of the CCFC Safeguarding Policies and Procedures, and in accordance with the EFL Safeguarding Strategy and Guidelines, including a robust recruitment process.
CCFC have appointed a Senior Safeguarding Manager (SSM) and a number of Designated Safeguarding Officers (DSOs) who operate throughout the organisation both during the week and on match days. The SSM and DSOs all undergo safeguarding training on a regular basis.
CCFC ensure that:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and well-being of vulnerable groups is of paramount importance.
- All children and adults at risk of harm, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious belief and/or sexual identity have the right to protection from abuse, exploitation and poor practice.
- CCFC will work to empower young people and adults at risk to safeguard themselves and develop their resilience to harm or abuse.
- Staff have a responsibility to act on a suspicion or disclosure which suggests an adult at risk, or a child may be at risk of harm. Any concerns will be reported to a CCFC DSO or directly to the SSM.
- All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
- CCFC have a responsibility to fully support anyone who in good faith reports their concerns that a child or adult at risk is, or may be, being abused or mistreated.
The following policies are updated and reviewed on a regular basis:
Additional policies are made available to all staff and volunteers as part of our safe recruitment procedures.
If you have a Safeguarding issue please contact email@example.com or call/text 07742 875 848