The Member Clubs Scheme is designed with the aim of bringing the club together with grass roots junior teams from the John Bryan League and the Birmingham County FA.
Member clubs enjoy a raft of benefits including:
- 3 in-service training evenings per year, this will encompass 3 hour sessions, consisting of Sports Science education and practical and theoretical coaching information. There will also be 1 additional in service session for other clubs outside of the membership.
- Continued information to the Junior Clubs regarding places available on SBITC development centres.
- Discounted ticket prices for clubs allocated via our Fan Relationship Department.
- Coventry City FC Academy will sponsor an U13 cup competition each season titled The Coventry City FC Academy Challenge Cup.
- SBITC will sponsor an U11 cup competition each season titled The Sky Blue in the Community Challenge Cup.
- Member clubs complying with the set criteria will appear on the Coventry City FC website.
- The club will also offer a bursary this season so that clubs fitting a certain criteria can place Managers/coaches/parents onto level 1 FA coaching courses (1 season only)
- The Junior Clubs will need to comply with the following in order to meet the criteria:
- Clubs will need to be represented over 6hrs of the 12 offered each year to comply and stay as Member Clubs. The Coaches Professional Development hours will be logged each time so that it continues to develop individuals for the benefit of their club.
- Support the above initiative.
- Continually liaise with Coventry City Head of Recruitment in order that CCFC is the club of first choice as an outlet for their talented players.
Member Clubs Message from Gregor Rioch – Academy Manager
"Coventry City FC have constantly been seeking an opportunity to develop stronger and better relationships between our Academy and grass roots football in the Coventry, Warwickshire and surrounding area.
"It is no secret that Professional Football clubs across the country can sometimes gain a bad name amongst local clubs, especially when local scouts are watching their games and players on a regular basis looking for the next raw talent. It is for this reason, we have the urge to try and give something back to local clubs, as it is you who start the development process of our future footballers.
"I initially discussed with Mark Fogarty our Head of recruitment about furthering our links with as many local clubs as possible as I feel very passionately on how to go about recruiting in the correct way; a gentlemen’s way.
"I am really enthused about the idea of ‘Partnership Clubs’ and how it might work. To be honest, the enormity of how far we have come, from the idea to reality, is on a far greater scale than I ever imagined.
"It has been refreshing to the Football Club as a whole who have joined as one with this project, which has been pulled together tremendously by Mark.
"I am excited about the future of the CCFC/John Bryan League partnership and the future it may bring. It is a unique partnership and with the Birmingham County FA supporting it, we will gain better coaches, better players and enhance the development of the game locally.
"I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been involved with this project and worked tirelessly to get it up and running. I would also like to thank our partner clubs for embracing the member club scheme, especially during an era where the future of football in Coventry is about ‘developing our own’."
Coventry City Football Club
Current Member Clubs
Admirals Junior FC
Alvis Juniors FC
Castle Bromwich United
Christ The King Juniors
Christ The King Rovers
Coventry Jaguar Youth
Coventry Sphinx FC
Khalsa Juniors FC
Leamington Hibernian FC
Leamington Hibernian Minor
London Road Colts
London Road Lions
Longford Park Rangers
PSA Peugeot Citroen
Racing Club Warwick
Rugby Town Boys
Rugby Town Colts
Rugby Town Juniors
Unicorn Social Youth
Whitnash Town Juniors